Friday, May 24, 2024

My current pattern of blogging

Since I am blogging only on weekend now, I have time to do other things, including managing my other social media.

You might already be seeing this pattern over the past weeks. So what I do now is blog weekly like a weekly magazine. Every Friday is my updating day.

Over the course of the week, I collect and upload the drafts. And when I am ready to publish on Friday morning, I organize the order in which the blogposts appear. For example, if there are some blogposts about Palestine, I post them close together.

Now about the priority posts. As it's my personal blog, I have received feedback from some friends that I need to put something I personally did as the top story on the home page. So if there are ideas I want to discuss, I do that. Otherwise I do a book review or movie review, etc.

Then the second post is an Instagram post by a Maldivian friend. 

Then the third post is a picture or video clip I post on my Instagram or Flickr or TikTok or YouTube. That's my LIFE IN PICTURES or LIFE IN VIDEOS blogposts. 

After that the YouTube videos by a Maldivian friend who has a website and a YouTube channel about his travels from New Zealand, Maldives and other countries. 

After that I run the "Quotable quote" posts. I do it either from a book I have read or am currently reading or from a movie I have watched. 

After that I run items about Maldives. Not the usual that is covered by our newspapers but ones I want to make people think about. 

After that it's world news of concern with a prominent coverage of issues relating to the Islamic world like Palestine, Sudan, etc. 

And I cover the suffering of journalists and bloggers because I am one. These are based mostly on press releases by Reporters Without Borders (RSF).

After that I tend to the humanities such as health, science and technology, and arts like movies, music, books, games, comics, etc. 

And I finish off like that.

One good thing about weekly updating is that visitors can see what I have posted and after going through the headlines they can decide which ones to read after coming back to my blog later over the course of the week in their free time. Earlier when I updated daily it seems some had difficulty in checking my blog daily because they have a life they have to live too πŸ™‚

Last but not least, anonymous and other comments to my blogposts are great. That's why I dedicated the top part of my blog's right hand column for latest comments. People seem to be very interested to know what other people's opinions are. 

This new pattern of blogging gives me the time to do things other than my official job and freelance works. It includes reading and writing for personal pleasure and watching stuff.πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Great idea....look forward to catching up weekly with your very interesting blogs .

    ReplyDelete