Friday, June 21, 2024

Chasing Tandoori chicken

My Tandoori chicken tasting adventure in Maldives is over. The last place was Evening Cafe in the capital Male' on Wednesday night.

Here I present photos of the last four eateries where I tried Tandoor chicken. They were all delicious. 

One thing I noticed about Tandoori chicken is that, for me at least, only the chicken drumsticks taste nice. A Maldivian friend thinks it's because the meat in other parts of the chicken are too dense to be deep fried. I think I agree with her because the "quarter leg portion" parts in all these Tandoori places are crisp and tasty.

Now that my Tandoori chicken tasting spree is over, I wonder what's next for me. Biryani? Could be. My still favorite Biryani is from Maagiri. Hashim tastes also good including Cafe Asiana, Kanz Hyderabad Biriyani House, and West Kitchen. But the problem is I am not a fan of rice. So I don't think I am going to embark on a Biryani tasting adventure.

I don't know whether my hunt for Lemonade is over. I still order it if it's available. If not, I order a lime/lemon juice and pour Sprite into it to make my own lemonade.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Mi report kiyaalabala (https://dhenme.com/8072/) Allah aai Rasoolaage nanfulhuga Dhivehi anhenunnaa medhu gasdhuga adhi faalhuga nafrath ufahdhanee. Dhen bunaane Raajjeygai geveshi aniyaa hahdhufahanalhaifi kamah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:17 PM

      Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also said: "“Al-Jannatu tahta aqdamil ummahat (Paradise lies under the feet of your mother)."

      And “The Best Of You Are Those Who Are Best To Their Women.”

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:44 PM

      obviously children cannot enter paradise through mothers who chose to be naked by not wearing hijab and thus going astray. prophet pbuh is talking about mothers who follow the right path by covering their nakedness

      Delete
    3. Shaari10:31 AM

      Mi kama tandoori aa huri gulhumeh nuvisnunu

      Delete
    4. @Shaari Ma ves thihen hithah eree. Mashah heevanee ba eh meehunge udhaasthah beyru kollan public space eh beynun vanee kanneynge - mi blog viyas.

      Delete
  2. Why is your quiet sleepy Maldives always in the limelight? And for the wrong reasons! Anyways, a Maldivian lady translated this Dhenme news for my blog - if you guys and gals would like to read it in English. She said the international community such as the UNFPA need to know where their taxpayers' funds are heading. Here's the link: https://jjgayland.blogspot.com/2024/06/maldives-mainstream-media-spews-blatant.html

    ReplyDelete