Friday, April 14, 2023

Secret Recipe's original lemonade tastes somewhat different

On my lemonade tasting spree, in my zeal to taste the best lemonade (according to my personal taste), I made the mistake of having Secret Recipe offer me a custom made lemonade that would taste the same as my all time favorite I enjoyed at The Keyolhu, which means that Secret Recipe's custom made lemonade for me doesn't really count.

So, to make it count, I visited Secret Recipe again, and asked them to offer me the lemonade produced according to their own recipe.

How did it taste?

It was less sweet than I would have preferred, and a tad sour/bitter for my taste - just like the one at Sea House which Shaari said is his best to date.

I asked the Secret Recipe waiter what ingredients they used, and he told me lime, sugar syrup, and ice but no Sprite like the one at The Keyolhu.

I received a comment to my blogpost on Secret Recipe's custom made lemonade for me in which the commentator said that because the recipe is simple I should try making my own. I had similar thoughts after tasting Secret Recipe's custom made lemonade for me but then changed my mind after coming to know that Jen adds mint leaves - meaning that restaurants might be making lemonade according to their own unique formulas.

And this has convinced me that I would need to continue my lemonade tasting journey in order to discover the possible variations of lemonade that are offered by restaurants and come to a conclusion as to which food outlet may finally bring down The Keyolhu from my pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment