Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Hotel Jen's lemonade is a pleasant sensation

I asked them what ingredients they mix and they said both lime and lemon are used - mixed with mint leaves.

I was surprised when they said no sugar or sugar syrup is added but that the sweet taste is generated by Sprite.

The result is a sparkling sensation which feels pleasant on the palate where the sour/bitter taste is not too much and the sweetness too remains at a balanced level.

Unless I didn't have a taste for extreme sweetness, Jen's lemonade would have come close to the one available at The Keyolhu which still remains my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely like Jen's better than Keyolhu's since extreme sweetness repels me πŸ˜€
    I've also been on a beverage hunt for the best hot chocolate in town. So far Kahika holds top spot with Cafe ier just behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. The Keyolhu lemonade is extremely sweet. Maybe they put sugar or sugar syrup in addition to Sprite. I forgot to ask that.

    You just gave me a good idea: where lemonade is not available, I can always ask for a hot chocolate because it's one of my favorite drinks in addition to chocolate milkshakes.

    In fact, last week I went to Rodchenko and tasted their hot chocolate. Well, I am not sure what ticks you but I think you might enjoy it. I won't spoil it for you though by describing my experience in detail. Let me know if you do taste. I will try Kahika and Ier. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete