Tuesday, March 05, 2024

"Furiosa" trailer is a blast at Schwack Cinema in Hulhumale


I consider myself lucky that Schwack Cinema in Hulhumale, the artificial suburban island of Maldives' capital Male', screened the trailer of "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga" when I went on Friday to watch "Dune: Part 2".

"Furiosa" is a sheer adrenaline rush - fueled by great visuals and sound effects. Not to mention two of my favorite actors, Anya Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth, star in this vehicle.

I think the ground and my seat literally shook from Schwack's 7.1 Dolby surround sound - or at least vibrated to the extent I could notice it.

Needless to say "Furiosa" is gonna be one gem of a movie I plan not to miss at any cost as traditionally, I have enjoyed the likes of which include "Speed" and "Unstoppable".

Well, there you go, I have reviewed a movie trailer rather than a movie itself, hahaha! Now I can be accused of judging a book by its cover or judging a newspaper article by reading only the headline or counting my chickens before they are hatched (to quote all those tired old cliches tsk tsk). 

If "Furiosa" turns out to be a bomb on the box office road, I don't mind because there's always "Mad Max: Fury Road" to fall back on, which includes another two of my favorite actors, Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy. I have stopped counting how many times I have watched the Theron-Hardy motor adventures on the road but when it comes to watching movies with external speakers, I myself can be unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment