Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Don't let scumbags treat you like crap


I am kind of tired enacting a nice face towards people who act irritated towards me for no reason other than they have some frustrations they receive from other sources.

I am now at an age where I don't need to tolerate crap from other people even if they are victims of other people, circumstances, and places.

So, even if it breaks my heart, I have started removing such people from my life who are suffering from events that have no relation to me.

There are now psychiatrists and psychologists at hospitals and clinics to help people deal with their mental illnesses rather than resorting to substance abuse or acting like a-holes towards others.

If they don't want to admit they have psychological problems, that's their problem. Nobody can point out something in you when you want to keep denying that that's in you. If you can't handle the truth, then so be it! Nobody can help you. Nobody can even consider helping you!

People who don't know they need help, cannot be shown they need help, and that's a strange but true fact: You cannot point out something in a person who refuses to believe he has a problem in the first place.

Sad to say, due to their negativity towards me, it leads to a horrid chain reaction where it makes me want to act horrible towards other - innocent - people.

Because their irritability towards me tends to dangerously lead to a situation where there is a risk of me losing trust, faith, and confidence in ALL humans, and why I am still able to intentionally act friendly towards people who are friendly with me, without losing my temper at them, is because I make sure I don't let the irritable people weigh their weight on my mind.

But this is a hard burden to bear that I would rather chose not to: I can't take care of my (daily) life and keep a stable attitude towards others and treat them right if my mind is agitated 24/7 by people in my circles who act irritated towards me for no fault of mine - as I just mentioned.

For example, if I let the result of irritability of a certain friend act out toxically towards me, it tends to set a chain reaction where I am tempted to act terrible to my beloved loved ones who don't deserve to be treated like crap by me. That would be unforgivable. If I acted like that to ANYONE, I cannot forgive myself EVER.

So, I have started removing myself from such toxic people, events, and environments. I know that I may be unable to remove them all but I think a good effort is worth it.

Last night I managed to "unfollow" all of whom I thought I should unfollow on my Instagram. I did not unfollow some friends and "friends of friends" and even some "strangers" who are friends of friends who have not disturbed me in any way by spamming or sending me messages requesting money.

Today I plan to embark on a journey of "removing" and "blocking" people on my Instagram who follow me and who appear to be "spammers" and "scammers". 

How do I do this? I just take a look at their "profile" and detect whether one or more of the following phrases occur:

1) Bit coin

2) Crypto currency

3) Forex

4) Investing

5) Trading

Basically, anything to do with promising to help me get "easy money" - such as thousands of dollars per week! Who are they kidding?

Also, if they have an unusually large number of "friends" and "followers", say, thousands, it's definitely someone that needs to be "unfollowed", "unfriended", "removed" and "blocked".

Other telltale signs include if they message you with phrases such as "Hi, hello, what are you doing? where are you from? what kind of work you do?" If they don't know who I am and where I am from and what work I do, why did they bother to "add" or "message" me in the first place?

However, according to a Maldives friend, there is a "harmless" side to this too. He says that the youngsters of the "Gen Z" generation were "born into the era" of social media, and therefore, they think it's the "norm" to have "thousands of followers" on their social media platforms to make them look "cool".

"So they go around 'adding' and 'liking' and 'commenting' even if they haven't properly checked anything on your social media handles and accounts, on the understanding that you're expected to reciprocate which then will show people who visit their social media platforms that they are 'cool' because they have so many 'followers'," this friend told me.

He went on to say that this is how some people went on to become social media "influencers" who, with just an image or video of using a "product or service" will get paid in millions of dollars by the sponsoring corporations because these influencers generate "markets and money" for these companies.

There is truth to this attitude of Gen Z youth: check the above screenshot of a comment left anonymously to my blogpost titled, "A MORAL STORY: The father's advice - 'cows don't offer milk'".

I am not sure why this "moral story" had gone to the extent of pointing out that we need to "milk cows manually and physically" in order to get their milk; perhaps because today's youngsters are so delusional as the anonymous commentator claims?

The next "spring cleaning" I have to conduct is on my Facebook. I agree that it was my fault to brainlessly "accept" all "friend requests" even when I currently allow "strangers" to "follow" my FB account - which at the moment has 61 followers.

My "friends" list now has reached more than 1,100 plus friends and according to recent studies, a single person cannot maintain quality relationships with more than around 150 people. So, some days ago, I had started cleaning up my FB.

In addition to all those "investment and money-making helpers", as indicated by their "profiles", I remove, without a second thought, anyone who has more than 1,000 friends, but last night I decided to go a bit further and remove EVERYONE who are not "friends of my friends". That should do it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment