Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Taking my blogging to new heights using ChatGPT

(758 words)

(4 minutes read)

I have decided to "improve" my blogging through the use of ChatGPT.

I will, of course, continue to write my "nuanced" personal blogposts on my own. But if I want to include some "dry" facts, I plan to make use of ChatGPT.

I think readers can spot the difference between personal experiences and straightforward facts due to the way I and ChatGPT use English language.

This is an opportune moment I think for me to make another announcement, which is that this been a personal blog, readers will visit here to explore my private thoughts, and therefore, in order not to overwhelm them, I plan to keep my blogposts to the point, and by that I mean, I will try to keep my personal blogposts as short as possible.

However, I can't help it if there is something that I need or have to say, in which case I will write at length, which was how my "Avatar: The Way of Water" blogpost became a lengthy review of more than 1,700 words although I try to keep most blogposts under 500 words so that visitors need not spend more than 3 minutes to read the whole blogpost.

Yes, according to YouTube owners, people's attention span is now 3 minutes, and therefore, they advise news video clips not to run for more than 3 minutes. I guess that is also a good time limit for visitors to read the blogposts on this blog without getting mentally drained.

As for links I provide to stuff from "foreign" websites, I do it because readers say they would like to read interesting information - in addition to my personal blogposts. I try to keep such links to a minimum too, by choosing only the most important or interesting articles I happen to read on any given day.

Taking all these factors into consideration, and based on my experience of journalism, I have started compiling a "weekly budget" of blogposts, which is a plan of which articles I want to run on which days.

The home page of this blog, due to its current Blogger template I like (despite some readers say they don't like it) accommodates only 11 blogposts. I shall not post more than 11 posts any given day, and that includes the "disclaimer" blogpost announcing that this blog do not moderate comments. (Of course, I practice the right of deleting all comments which break the laws of Maldives).

The "top story", appearing at the very top of the home page on any given day, will be mostly a blogpost involving my personal views, or an article that covers an issue relevant to Maldives.

But this policy to churn out only a single personal blogpost per day may have to be scrapped if an issue arises on that particular day that need to be covered due to its timely relevance or urgency.

Hence, there could be days when there are more than one blogpost on the home page that covers my personal opinion or any other article which is relevant to Maldivians - in addition to links to important or interesting articles from foreign websites.

I have now got everything covered for this week. I have written all the blogposts beforehand and they are remaining as my stock for this week in accordance with the "weekly budget". 

However, I will still be posting "new" material on the days they come along.

So I am now taking a "break" for this week and relaxing by pursuing other interests, such as already starting to read Peter S. Beagle's fantasy novel "The Last Unicorn" (watch the full animated movie here on YouTube) - which I am reading for the second time. Also tonight, I will start watching the first episode of the 8-episode "The Mandalorian" season 3.

ChatGPT has so many advantages. When I properly word my queries, it gives me truly satisfying answers. It saves so much time and effort unlike going through all the links provided by Google search. ChatGPT just pinpoints straight to the answers to the questions we ask of it. So AI has given a new dimension to my blogging and other work, including professional writing projects, such as translating, editing, and copywriting etc.

But it seems that Google is not going to leave the scene without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment