Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Reinventing my blog

There's just too much information out there. So people choose what they find important to check out.

From the information overload, we are constantly deciding what we want to know about and what we have to give up or ignore because we just don't have the time to go through even interesting, useful, and important things.

Earlier I said that this blog of mine is where I organize my thoughts, emotions, and feelings, and express and share such information with others to get their feedback in order to discover more about myself, resulting in the overall well-being of my mental health.

Taking into account the availability of vast sources of information from the Internet, I have decided to keep my blogposts as short as possible, and then provide links to detailed information already available elsewhere which I think visitors may like and explore in their own free time.

So hereafter I will write only my private observations, and if necessary, link to other sources where interested visitors can go and get more information. In this way visitors will have the choice of spending as little time as possible on this blog. It will also save me time as I can then have the choice of writing only my personal thoughts in shortest form as possible.

People follow both Maldivian and foreign websites on their own. They find time for that. So I post links only to things which I personally find interesting, important, and useful to me, and think that there may be visitors who find such things of interest to them too.

I now don't generally post foreign links however much they are interesting unless it has relevance to Maldives and I feel they are really important, useful, and interesting because there's no limit to the number of such foreign articles that I come across which we will have to forgo because we just don't have the time.

Therefore, I feel that we have to make sacrifices and ignore some articles unless they are really really really important, useful, and interesting.

2 comments: