Sunday, April 30, 2023

Discovering myself

This blog of mine is where I organize my thoughts, emotions, and feelings which helps me to discover a lot about myself.

When I express myself and share my personal stuff with others, it also is helpful as a means to recognize more about my character, because even though others do not have access to my mind (obviously), they can recognize things about me that I don't realize about myself by myself.

While ultimately only I will know what I really am (because apparently nobody else has access to my mind), others can still point out things about me that I've overlooked because it's not like we're omniscient even in the domain of our own thoughts, emotions, and actions - as a friend pointed out yesterday.

Just yesterday I came to know how other people can point out things about me I have missed - after reading the two anonymous comments posted to my blogpost titled, "What's the point of having a mobile phone?"

It appears that though I have empathy, and that I care for other people and respect their feelings, I find it difficult to put myself into others' shoes.

So the latest aspect of my personality that has been revealed to me is that I have an inability to view a situation from another's perspective which is a character defect I was unaware of before. Hence, I thank the two anonymous commentators who pointed out this factor.

But I remain stubborn in asserting that the "abbreviation culture" is wrong, and also "sad" as Shaari pointed out - something that broke apart my friendship with someone who I now realize is wrong to still not attempting to initiate a dialogue with me in order to patch up and renew our friendship.

All these are factors which make this blog so useful to me, because it is a great two-way interactive communication and feedback public platform that make my life a pleasant experience for me. Therefore, I plan to reap the maximum benefit out of this blog by continuing blogging: for me, this blog is a journey of self-discovery that is also mentally therapeutic.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:30 AM

    I enjoy your posts. It's a good read. Well written. So your blog is not only a pleasant experience for you but for me as well. I don't know about others though. Keep 'em coming. Sorry for the abbr haha

    ReplyDelete