Monday, November 13, 2023

The color red - a cat repellent?


Sometime this week, I came across this homeless cat resting on a scooter, its back showing a bloody, fur-less injury.

And earlier in the week, I saw this red colored liquid filled mineral water bottle placed beside a gap at a construction site, with a Banyan shoot coming up.

How true is the supposition that felines are afraid of the color red?

Below is an article regarding this "myth"; this article appeared in a Malaysia newspaper, and was forwarded to me by one of my cousins, who has two cats, when I asked about this what I supposed to be a "myth":-

Quickcheck: Is it true that transparent bottles filled with red liquid repels cats?

We've all seen this somewhere. A transparent bottle filled with red liquid is strategically placed in locations such as lawns or car porches.

When asked, it was said that it's meant to repel and mainly keep cats (and dogs too, depending on who you're talking to) from pooping in the area. The explanation is that the colour red scares them away or makes them uncomfortable.

But is it true that it works? 

READ THE FULL ARTICLE FROM MALAYSIA'S "THE STAR" NEWSPAPER AT THIS LINK: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/true-or-not/2023/09/15/quickcheck-is-it-true-that-transparent-bottles-filled-with-red-liquid-repels-cats

No comments:

Post a Comment