Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Introducing an "AROUND THE WORLD" titled blogpost containing links to foreign articles on any given day



Over the past few months, I was caught in the middle of two close friends who had a difference of opinion with the following matter: Should I post links to foreign articles at the risk of loosing focus on articles which are WHOLLY to do with me - my thoughts, emotions, and actions?

So until I could come up with an acceptable plan that can cater to both these seemingly but not actually opposing views, I kept on posting individual blogposts linking to foreign sources covering a range of topics such as environment, science, technology, health, entertainment, odd news, etc.

The male friend's opinion was that if I do post a foreign article, my viewpoint on it should be clearly stated although I told him that sometimes the article speaks for itself.

The female friend was in support of me pointing out foreign articles which I found of interest because she said she found them interesting too and that she wanted to read what I found interesting in addition to her own engagement in browsing the internet every day for news and information. 

As I am an avid reader of foreign articles, I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem if I do post links to them on my blog.

So, after careful consideration, I have come to the decision that, may be not every day, but on some days, I will compile a single blogpost titled "AROUND THE WORLD" which gives the headline, a short introduction, and the link to the foreign articles covering these topics I have read and which I find interesting.

However, I will post as separate blogposts articles that are related to Maldives even if they are covered on foreign media.

No comments:

Post a Comment