Saturday, August 05, 2023

Is blogging redundant and would I need to repeat the opinions of others?

My blogging may not be dead yet.

However much I like conclusive endings in movies, I am not comfortable about concluding chapters of my real life.

As per the "letter" my friend (who started blogging when he was just 15 years old) sent me and I posted on here my blog, I feel I should post something even sporadically to let those who like and love me to let them know I am not dead yet.

So, even if I came across islandchiic's Instagram post (see screenshot below) in which she quoted famous people as echoing my friend's sentiment that neither he nor me in all our long years of blogging have expressed any opinion that is new or uniquely ours, I have decided to cut down my blogging drastically.

I do need to do a minimal level of blogging just to let concerned people know I am still alive, despite me replying to islandchiic (see below screenshot) that I might stop blogging altogether because there is no need for me to repeat opinions of others.

But I guess my occasional blogging is still needed in order to prevent others worrying that I am lost somewhere in life which they cannot reach. So therefore, there's the need to convince themselves I have not disappeared from their lives. Not yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment