Friday, July 28, 2023

I am having problems with Threads and Viber

One of my Maldivian friends had a problem with DM on Threads but he said he has realized his mistake although me being technologically unsavvy I couldn't understand one word of his explanation.

In my case, sometimes a thread will appear double even if I post only a single time and I would be left wondering whether I clicked the publish button twice accidentally. And I keep wondering whether that is even possible because a click one time should not result the page being still there for me to click again.

If this is some stupid mistake on my part, I accept and apologize for my mistake from the makers of Threads and Viber. 

But I can't help feeling something is wrong because my friends say they are yet to find anything as attractive as the rival Twitter. They say the availability of Threads seem a premature release. If so, I guess these problematic technicalities will be there due to the Threads app been given such a hasty issue. 

As for accidentally clicking on buttons, sometimes once or twice, recently I transferred some money from my Bank of Maldives account to a relative and one of my relatives called me with a sudden sense of urgency and told me that the transfer confirmation screenshot appeared on both my relative's private Viber account and also on my general family Viber account. 

So I deleted the screenshot from the family Viber account and my relative said that I might have "clicked" on the family account in addition to my relative's account. As it happened, I clearly remember that I clicked on only one account which means the screenshot should have gone to one of the accounts and not two. 

I guess I will never figure out just what is wrong with technology, or rather me. I have a relative who is still living blissfully in a state of ignorance; she is on my family Viber group but says she never checks what goes on there. She said she is happy using her smart phone for just calls and SMS.

I find that very appealing. Come to think of it, do I need to know about everything that happens in the lives of my family and friends? Isn't it enough that if they really want to find or meet me they can give me a direct call or SMS? Incidentally, I have two friends who behave like that. They would respond when they feel like it. Sometimes they would take days to respond to a simple Yes or No question. I am suddenly finding that a very appealing behavior. It would save me the time and headache of following each and every action taken by a relative or a friend. What could be more appealing than that for a hermit like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment