Tuesday, April 11, 2023

3 technologies I learnt last week

In a previous blogpost I talked about my personal difficulties in keeping up with new technologies.

And in another blogpost I talked about how this resulted in the breakup of a friendship with one of my friends.

So I am now making an effort not to “live in a restrained manner” by learning and trying to keep abreast with the developments in technologies that directly affect my life.

Regarding that, here are 3 things I learnt last week, just by following simple instructions:

1) Install Instagram app;

2) Install WhatsApp app; and

3) Scan my mobile for menu at restaurants.


I have to say I am quite happy and satisfied with these.

Of course, this is hardly the end of all my troubles: I would need to keep up with technological developments my whole life if I don't want to become the proverbial dinosaur that is on the brink of extinction.

I am still keeping my promise that this blog will be a one-stop platform for all my activities. I may post an occasional photo on my new Instagram account but I will put that in my blog too. But I am not going to post anything new on my Flickr because I feel my Instagram and blog are enough. Likewise, if I did any videos (which I haven’t done in a long, long time), I would upload it to my YouTube channel and embed it here.

As for Twitter, I am not going to be on it, although I have re-activated my Facebook account, which, again I have to say, I am not going to update, although I am going to use its Messenger service to message and chat with my family, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances.

As for TikTok, Snapchat, Telegraph, Signal, and all that jazz, I have decided to ignore them, because Viber and Whatsapp are enough for me - at least for the time being. And there is my account on LinkedIn, the network for professionals which continue to facilitate me find writing work as a freelancer.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Congratulations! That is actually very good progress. A lot of people actually still don’t know how to do those things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 PM

    That's great Keep it up. Most of today's technology is not that hard. They have easy to follow instructions. Anything new you learn will keep your mind from ageing too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't know that learning new things will keep our minds from ageing too soon. :)

      Delete