Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Shall I try my hand at "flash fiction"?

Before my Facebook account was hacked and hijacked by some unknown person(s) in 2015, I used to write down on my status "posts" and "notes" describing various incidents of my life, and my thoughts about things and happenings that influence my life.

After reading an interesting "comment" yesterday by an anonymous person to my blogpost titled "A visit to the 'hair port'", I am wondering whether that "feedback" is a brilliant and exciting piece of "flash fiction", and whether I too should write instances of 4 decades of my life as "flash fiction". ("Micro fiction" is out of the question, I think, because my feelings are not that short in form!)

There was a time last year when I seriously considered writing an "autobiography" but I don't feel motivated to do that because I am not only too lazy to undertake such an extensive task, but also because personally I  can't be bothered to determine whether my life has any meaning - either to me or to anyone else. Therefore, if I do seek to print a "memoir" or "biography" of my life, I would consider the services of a "ghost writer" just as Prince Harry chose when publishing his tell-all biography, "Spare".

This blog helps in that, for the time being, I can write about my life as "blogposts" under various headings. Therefore, until my mind decides what should be the next step in my life of writing, I think it would be better to just focus on blogging on Blogger, and try not to worry too much about where my life is currently headed.

I am not a fan of "micro blogging" which is one of the reasons why I decided not to re-activate my Twitter account. Call me old-fashioned or technologically unsavvy, I still like Blogger's layout and design rather than Twitter's format although Twitter ruined and came to dominate the world of Blogging by introducing the concept of "micro blogging". RIP Blogger's Blogosphere.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I seriously think you should take up flash fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, I happen to have some disjointed ideas and have been wondering how to present them as a coherent and cohesive piece of information. As you recommended, I can see the sense in compiling and composing them as flash fiction because flash fiction is a type of short story as well.

    ReplyDelete