Tuesday, October 11, 2022

An important initiative by Anni

 


Two weeks ago, President Nasheed launched a weekly magazine titled "Ocean Weekly" which has both Dhivehi and English sections. 
 
I have read all the articles from the first and second issues, and am eagerly looking forward to the third issue that will be published on coming Friday. 

The articles (composed of varying genres) are analytical, eye-opening and mind-expanding. 
 
I think this magazine has a great future if it continues bringing us a weekly doze of useful articles. 
 
I felt that this magazine aims to provide a package of information in a concise way to help the general reader at a time when we are suffering from an "information overload". 
 
Hence, I appreciate this effort so that I can be in touch with Maldives' society without wasting my precious time.

The price is 50 Rufiyaa. The magazine has no website. I wonder why.
 
By the way, I was a bit amused President Nasheed used his byline simply as "Kerafaa Mohamed Nasheed". Hehe. He may have been trying to say something to his detractors, as a Maldivian friend pointed out.

2 comments: