Friday, June 07, 2024

My awesome first time and second time at Blood Orange restaurant


A Maldivian friend had recommended me that Blood Orange’s “bis riha” (literally “egg curry”) was tops. So, this week I visited but it was my second time. On my first time I ordered Maldivian breakfast “mas-huni” (ground coconut with tuna) and “disk” (flat bread made from flour with ground coconut) and it was tops too. Indeed, only a few food outlets in Maldives now manage to get the right mix when it comes to mas-huni. Also, their cheese omelet was lovely. Cheese omelets are one of my favorite side dishes.

It was during my second visit that I ordered bis-riha with chapati/roti. Once again, the restaurant managed to get the right mix of smoked tuna or “valho mas” in tune with the curry that also came with an egg that was soft boiled. 

Both the dishes were just right and I went home happy. There was an attention-grabbing but much deserved slogan on their wall: “Life is short, eat good food”. I couldn’t agree more.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Indeed their bis riha is one of its kind . Very rare to find authentic Maldivian taste now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dined at Blood Orange during one of my visits to your beautiful country. I liked the traditional Maldivian breakfast. I will try bis riha during my next visit. Thanks for your review. It's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete