Sunday, January 21, 2024

MOVIE REVIEW: "The Social Network"


Some people are shocked that I live blissfully ignorant of some important external events. To that, I have to say that, as a fellow Maldivian writer friend once told me, I, like him, mostly live inside my own mind - a world that exists in my brain.

So, finally, after 13 long years, I have watched "The Social Network" following a recent recommendation by two visual media Maldivian close friends. 

This is excellent direction by David Fincher and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, and great performances by Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, and Justin Timberlake et al.

Nothing more I am going to say about this film about Mark Zuckerberg and co's founding of Facebook except just say I highly recommend this movie as an important narrative at a time when human beings are becoming more lonely although ironically we now have the internet and social media to get us more connected ONLINE while OFFLINE we are becoming more disconnected with our species because we now don't bother hanging out and spending quality time meeting face-to-face with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment