Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Responding to Shaari's comment on changes to my blog

NOTE: This is my response to certain factors raised by Shaari in a comment to my blogpost titled "Exciting upgrades enriching my blog for a better user experience".

+++

I can understand why people prefer my opinion blogposts. In fact, I allocate the "top story" of the homepage for personal articles every day, whenever I have my own opinions, photos, and videos.

Additionally, I maintain a collection of concise paragraphs that can serve in the manner of "tweets" since I prefer to use my blog as an all-inclusive platform instead of actively engaging on Twitter or other social platforms, with the exception being Instagram where I post stuff that is related to my personal life and food.

As one of my friends pointed out, I will never run out of things to say because personal opinions are constantly evolving through conversations with others and reading informative articles - in addition to the books, movies, series, etc., that I engage in.

Regarding letters and features from readers, many individuals already have their own social media platforms where they share their thoughts with loved ones. They often use anonymous accounts to express controversial feelings that cannot be shared openly.

Occasionally, some of these articles find their way to my blog, either out of courtesy or because contributors believe my personal blog, maintained under my real identity, can effectively convey their message to whom it may concern and other readers.

Regarding the inclusion of external news links, I understand that the homepage of my blog may appear cluttered nowadays. This is because I frequently come across intriguing and important articles from both local and foreign websites that I think will be of interest to readers.

To address this, I will make sure that my "personal opinions" take precedence as the "top story" each day. This will involve sharing photos and videos I've captured, discussing books I've read, and providing reviews of films and series I've watched. In truth, this has always been my intention. However, the recent surge in external links may have created the impression that I am neglecting personal content.

A friend pointed out that after she clicks on a headline she felt a little disappointed seeing that it wasn't written by me but it is actually a link to another person's writing. She was used to reading posts on my blog that were personally written by me or direct letters sent to me. However, now she finds the links to other news sources valuable too.

The reality is that there are instances where I don't feel the need to express my thoughts on matters where my opinions align with those of other Maldivians or foreigners. For example, rampant crime and corruption currently plaguing Maldives' society may not require my explicit commentary. Sharing news links on such topics can draw readers' attention and allow them to connect with the emotions they already harbor.

Nevertheless, I acknowledge the importance of incorporating my personal opinions into all my blogposts. Instead of solely sharing external links, I will strive to accompany them with my own insights from now on. Additionally, I understand the need to modify headlines and introductory texts in ways that clearly reflect that such articles are incorporated with my personal viewpoints, ensuring that readers are not left perplexed.

This approach will resemble tweeting, but it aligns with my previous statements on some blogposts that this personal blog of mine serves as a unified platform for all my internet activities.

3 comments:

  1. That's all I needed to hear. As long as you keep the blog personal, we'd keep coming back πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your feedback served as a valuable reminder that my blog is a personal platform where all content should reflect my private opinions. I sincerely appreciate your guiding me back to this perspective. Thank you so much. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:19 PM

    As for people who commented that you are deviating away from positing ur personal stories. Ur personal stories are the best thing about ur blog. It provides such a rich perspective about ur life.

    But I am amazed by the way you embraced using ur new found skills to provide something that ur readers may also want to know. I saw how you struggled with understanding technology but then when you finally understood it you immediately went on ur old journalist self. It was beautiful.

    This me a glimpse of ur life, ur thought processes, ur aspirations and inspiration. It shows ur experimental nature and this is what I think has always stood u out from the rest. You continually keep evolving and growing.
    I love you for the ways you continue to be you regardless of what other people think you should be. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete